"Did you know... that Innocent Victims (pictured) is a memorial sculpture to Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed?"

By Yango - March 02, 2018

Things I just learned at the Wikipedia Main Page.

I mean, I'd never heard of "Innocent Victims," and suddenly I'm looking at this picture:

 
cc Bobak Ha'Eri.

Now, I see that back in January, it was reported "Harrods reveal plans to remove Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed statue":

Over the years, shoppers and fans have flocked to the Knightsbridge department store to see the statue, which is entitled 'Innocent Victims'. The bronze design shows Diana and Dodi dancing under the wings of a flying albatross, a bird that is said to symbolise the Holy Spirit. Dodi's father commissioned his close friend William Mitchell to create the sculpture to keep the couple's "spirit alive". The memorial was erected in 2005.
Flocked... to see a bird...

At first, I  assumed the statue was being removed because it's so atrocious, but it's to give the statue to Dodi Fayed's father, who used to own Harrods but sold it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments