fat

"Back in Bavaria, after four days of fried fish, moorish soups , bread, cheese and, obviously, chocolate, I am forced to contemplate an issue that has haunted me since I first shoved a brie brötchen down my gullet many months ago."

By Yango - February 26, 2018

"Why aren’t Germans fat? This is a question I give, at intervals, a great deal of thought to, not only because I managed to stack on 9kg (of which 7kg remains) when I moved here, but also because I am genuinely enamoured with – and have subsequently adopted – the German appetite and want to know how they eat what they do without being completely enormous."

So begins "Why Aren’t Germans Fat?" by Liv Hambrett, "An Australian Writer in (North) Germany." I like this illustration with the caption "Stumps of chocolate coated whipped marshmallow":


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments